Health educators teach people about behaviors that promote wellness. They develop and implement strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities. Community health workers collect data and discuss health concerns with members of specific populations or communities.
- Puberty: This program is taught at the 4th and 5th grade level. This is a one day program that emphasizes hygiene and body changes.
- Hygiene: This class is included in the Puberty Classes and is repeated upon request at other levels as necessary.
- Sex Education: This basic sex education class is taught by request and is tailored for any grade 6th grade and above.
- Empathy Belly Demonstration: This is a teen pregnancy class that is designed to show what it is like to be in the ninth month of pregnancy. The belly can be attached to students and they can see how their life would change if they became pregnant.
- Postponing Sexual Involvement: Postponing Sexual Involvement (PSI) is a widely implemented middle school curriculum designed to delay the onset of sexual intercourse.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: This class, aimed at middle and high school students, provides basic STD knowledge and prevention methods.
- Tobacco: This presentation can be for one day or two, and can be altered to fit any grade. The students will identify the physical, mental/emotional and social problems associated with tobacco use.
- Drugs & Alcohol: This presentation can be for one day or two, and can be altered to fit any grade. This program will describe the physical, mental/emotional and social effects of drugs and alcohol.
- Nutrition: Classes designed to lay a foundation of nutritional understanding and teach students to make good food choices
- Oral Health: This class is generally taught at the preschool level and emphasizes proper tooth brushing & flossing.
- Hand Washing / Disease Prevention: We use the Glitter Germs program to give students a concrete example as to why they should wash their hands with soap and warm water.
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Diabetes Self-Management Program